The hackers are at it again! Rutgers student, Waynce Change or @wyc on github put together a Spotify remote! This remote works with the web player.
Now you can search, play, pause, backtrack and skip songs on Spotify Web with your phone. I know one person in particular who’s going to be very happy about this!
Chrome will update the extension to the latest version automatically, but if you need to install it head over to the Chrome Web Store.
That brings us to a total of a dozen remotes! We started with just 6 remotes at launch, and although we’ve both created and lost remotes along the way, the current list of supported sites stands strong!
The full list of remotes include:
- Hype machine
- Google Play music
- Tunein radio
- Spotify web
Remember, you can make your own remote or improve existing ones by contributing to the Mote.io Chrome Extension. Hackers like you are responsible for making the last half dozen remotes.
I’m also excited to announce, a very highly requested feature, the ability to change Pandora stations!
Pandora is the most popular remote by far, and the ability to create new stations is the most common feature request.
Now when you synchronize your phone with the Mote.io extension and Pandora, you’ll get a search bar where you can type the name of an artist to use for a new station. Get the update from the Chrome Web Store.
That’s everything for now! Make sure to follow me or the Mote.io account on Twitter for more updates.
Mote.io is a universal remote for the web. Mote.io lets you control your browser using custom remotes called “motes” for your favorite sites.
After more than a year of work, I’ve just pushed the first release of Mote.io on the Android Play store.
Get it here on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ianjennings.mote_io
- Never leave the couch. Switch between apps with the new Homebase mote.
- Keep your phone next to your keyboard to create instant hotkeys for your favorite music sites.
- New and upgraded motes are on the way!
- Hype Machine (http://hypem.com) Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Favorite, Now Playing, Share, Navigate, Search
- Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/couchmode) Play, Pause, Previous, Scrub, Info, Favorite, Now Playing, Share
- Pandora (http://pandora.com) Play, Pause, Thumb Up, Thumb Down, Next, Now Playing, Share
- Rdio (http://rdio.com) Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Shuffle, Now Playing, Share
- Homebase (http://mote.io/start) Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Notify
- More to come! Let me know what site you want Mote.io to support athttps://mote.io/community The Mote.io extension for Google Chrome is required to use Mote.io. Get it here: https://mote.io/start
Thanks for supporting Mote.io!